CFO Childcare INFORMATION
FAIR OAKS PARK | MCMILLAN CENTER
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
June 15th - August 6th
Dates subject to change
- 2020 Dates & Themes
- 2020 Session Fees
- Daily Schedule & Activities
- Procedures & Expectations
- Health & Emergencies
|Session||Week||Dates||Theme||Thursday Dress Up|
|1||6/15 - 6/18||The "Marvel-Ous" CFO||Superheroes|
|2||6/22 - 6/25||S’More Nature Please||The Great Outdoors|
|3||6/29 - 7/2||Shark Week||Ocean Predators vs. Prey|
|4||7/6 - 7/9||It’s Slime Time!||Mad Scientists|
|5||7/13 - 7/16||CFO Strikes Back||Rebels vs. The Empire|
|6||7/20 - 7/23||Around the World in a Week||Heritage Week|
|7||7/27 - 7/30||CFO’s School of Wizardry||Escape from Azkaban|
|8||8/3 - 8/6||The Wonderful World of CFO||All Things Disney|
Dates and Themes are subject to change and cancellation.
|Session 1: 6/15-7/9 (M-TH 8:00 am - 5:00 pm)||$663.00|
Session 2: 7/13-8/6 (M-TH 8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
None offered at this time.
Each session is filled with a wide variety of activities, including crafts, outdoor education, sports, cooperative games, and special activity days. CFO Childcare will have a Dress-Up day every Thursday.
Due to COVID-19, children will not be broken up into groups by age, but will be kept together with family members with no co-mingling between the groups based on CDC and Sacramento County Guidance for Schools and Childcare.
GENERAL CFO Childcare PROCEDURES
SIGNING IN & OUT
- All children must be signed in and out of CFO Childcare, each day, by a parent or legal guardian.
- Sign-in & out will be completed via ePACT Emergency Network on a tablet or district issued phone.
- Children will only be released to those individuals who are listed and authorized on the child’s ePACT by the child’s parent or legal guardian. Parents/Guardians must indicate on the ePACT form all those individuals who will be authorized to pick up children. For your protection, we will be unable to release a child to an unauthorized individual.
- All persons picking up children must bring identification in with them at time of sign out. Must be 18+.
- For adequate preparation time in the mornings, please do not drop off your children before 7:30 a.m. Parents or guardians who pick up their children after the end of the enrolled program time will be charged $1.00 for every minute they are late (to cover the expense of staff overtime).
LUNCHES & SNACKS
Snack and food items will no longer be provided to children.
CFO Childcare requires that each child bring a lunch and snack daily to CFO Childcare. We have AM/PM snack periods each day and lunch.
Refrigerated lunch storage is not available, so we kindly ask that you do not send egg- or mayonnaise-based (perishable) products.
CFO Childcare is a “NUT FREE” program. Please do not send your child with peanut or nut-based products. If you have any other allergy-related food concerns, please contact the Camp Director.
COMMON QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What happens if it rains…or if it’s hot? We hold CFO Childcare rain or shine, hot or cold! Our staff is well prepared and will adapt activities to rain, sunshine, and extremely hot/cold situations.
What should my child wear/bring? CFO Childcare is an active and creative program, so make sure your child is dressed appropriately.
- It is important that your child is dressed to play!
- Closed-toe shoes are required, no sandals! NOTE: Any child wearing sandals will not be allowed to participate in games and will be asked to call his/her parent for appropriate footwear.
- Send your child with sunscreen and water every day! CFO Childcare will not supply these items for the children; however, water will be kept on hand for refilling water bottles.
- A positive attitude! We will all have fun if each child comes with a smile on their face ready to have a good time.
What if I’m late picking my child up? The definition of a “late pick-up” is any child/children who have not been picked up from CFO Childcare by the scheduled pick-up time of your registration. Please be considerate of our staff by picking up your child promptly when childcare ends each day.
- If an emergency arises that will cause you to be late picking up your child, please contact CFO Childcare staff at least a half an hour prior to the end of the day (765-8422).
- Parents or guardians who pick up their children after the end of the enrolled program time will be charged $1.00 for every minute they are late (to cover the expense of staff overtime). If the parent or guardian is one (1) hour late, staff are required to call the police.
- CFO Childcare is designed to be an active and creative program and participation is mandatory. CFO Childcare is more fun when children fully participate in all of the daily activities. We have planned for children to participate in the activities and do not have staff to watch those who choose not to participate in the group activities. If a child consistently chooses not to participate, staff will discuss with parents whether future participation at CFO Childcare is mutually beneficial.
- All children are expected to follow the rules of the program. Staff reviews all rules thoroughly on the first day of each week and answers any questions the children may have.
- We seek to focus child’s behavior through positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement and redirection will be used whenever possible, although “breaks” may be used occasionally if reinforcement and redirection fails to produce desired behavior.
- CFO Childcare Staff will use a direct, positive approach regarding discipline. The purpose is to help the child develop self-control and learn to assume responsibility for his/her actions. We use positive statements and reinforcements to redirect negative behavior.
- CFO Childcare staff will discipline each child as necessary and keep the parents informed. We encourage parents to be proactive when signing out children each day and to make time to communicate with staff on daily positives or negatives that occurred with their child.
“Three Strikes” Policy
Children can receive up to three (3) strikes in one summer. The strikes and consequences are detailed below. We encourage parents to review this with their child prior to the start of CFO Childcare.
- First, children will receive a verbal warning.
- If the undesired behavior continues, your child will begin to receive strikes.
First Strike: Child will be issued a 10 minute break, followed by a behavior report.
Second Strike: A 15 minute break will be given and staff will discuss concerns with the parent at the end of the day.
Third Strike: Parents will be called for immediate pick-up from CFO Childcare site. Child will be asked to leave the program for the remainder of the week. A refund will not be issued for the early dismissal of your child due to disciplinary reasons. It may be necessary to set up a meeting with the Parent, Child, and Camp Director and/or Recreation Supervisor if a serious discipline problem arises.
- Consecutive Strikes for Continuous Weeks: It is our policy to maintain open communication with a parent if a discipline problem should arise. Children who receive three strikes may be dismissed from CFO Childcare for the remainder of the summer. We will make every attempt to make sure your child is enjoying the program. The safety of children and staff cannot be jeopardized by one child’s lack of respect for others and/or lack of ability to follow CFO Childcare rules on a consistent basis. Once again, this is a last resort; we will make every attempt to solve any problems that occur.
LOST & FOUND
- In order to protect your child’s belongings from the depths of Lost and Found, please make sure you label all loose items they bring, i.e. Lunch boxes, towels, helmets, backpacks, etc. You would be amazed at the amount of articles we have at the end of summer.
- Lost and Found items will be kept for the week, but at the conclusion of CFO Childcare each week, the leaders will attempt to return the items to their rightful owners, (all remaining items will be donated).
- We do not allow expensive toys such as cell phones, iPods, handheld video games, etc. at CFO Childcare. The CFO Childcare staff will not be responsible or liable for the loss of personal items.
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR YOU & YOUR CHILD
The health and well-being of our families is our #1 priority! Here is what we are doing as a CFO Childcare and District to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Contact-less Drop-off and Pick-up done electronically through ePACT Emergency Network
- Additional sanitation of facility and shared equipment
- Face coverings for CFO Childcare and District Staff when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained
- Increased training for CFO Childcare and District Staff on new procedures related to COVID-19
- Groups will be split based on family members and not by age. No mixing or co-mingling between the groups.
EPACT HEALTH & EMERGENCY INFORMATION
Each child must have a completed registration packet on file before their first day of CFO Childcare. The registration packet is completed online through ePACT Emergency Network. Each individual profile contains the information we need in order to provide your child with the best care possible, including emergency contact information, health information such as allergies and other conditions, authorized adult pick-up list, etc. Parents/Legal Guardians will receive an email to fill out the packet following completed program registration.
ILLNESS & INJURIES
No child will be allowed at CFO Childcare if they have experienced any COVID-19 related symptoms in the last 24 hours. For a list of COVID-19 related symptoms please visit - COVID19.CA.GOV. Children who have a temperature of 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to attend CFO Childcare.
In case of an illness or injury that requires a child to be picked up from CFO Childcare, the parent or guardian (listed first on the child’s ePACT form) will be contacted. In the event that contact is not made, the second parent or emergency contact listed on the childr’s form will be contacted. Staff will continue down the list of those individuals permitted to pick up the child, (as indicated on their ePACT form) until an authorized individual is contacted that is able to pick up the child.
Any prescribed medication that needs to be administered during CFO Childcare hours must be sent in the child’s lunchbox. Children will only be allowed to bring one day’s dosage of medication in their lunch box. Lunch boxes will be locked in a secure place and it is up to the child to remember to take their medication. Medications will not be allowed at CFO Childcare without a written note/prescription for the child’s doctor and approval noted on child’s ePACT form.
Your child will need to bring his/her own labeled sunscreen to CFO Childcare.