The Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District values your health and well-being. Here is what we are doing as we navigate through COVID-19.
Latest Public Health News
Sacramento County Moves to red tier 2 (substantial)
Effective April 16, Sacramento County has moved from the most restrictive Purple Tier 1 (widespread) to the less restrictive Red Tier 2 (substantial) and is subject to all State of California restrictions and guidance for this tier. The latest Sacramento County Public Health Order reinforces the direction that all individuals carry on with social distancing protocols and use face coverings. The order also includes updated guidance for reopening schools and youth and adult recreational sports to align with State requirements. Outdoor community playgrounds are still permitted for use with social distancing to help support a safe environment for children and families.
Phased Reopening plan
The District continues to reintroduce recreational programs in a phased manner and with necessary modifications according to official guidelines, in order to protect public health and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community. The District continues to review all updated guidance to ensure full compliance at our facilities and during our programs as we move forward in the phase of reopening.
Status of Parks & Facilities
- Basketball Courts
- Exercise Areas (Bannister Park)
- Phoenix Park Dog Park
- Miller Park Tennis Courts and Disc Golf Course
- All Parks
- Park gates and restrooms will be opened each morning. At this time, personal hygiene and disinfecting is the responsibility of individual users. Social distancing remains mandatory. Keep yourselves safe and healthy!
- Restrooms will be sanitized once each day. Please remember to take all necessary precautions when using shared spaces.
- Due to reductions in staffing, the gates, amenities, and restrooms may not all be opened by 7am. We will do our best to open everything as soon as possible.
- Camp Fair Oaks
- Skate Park
- Picnic Areas/BBQs
- Village Park Bandshell
- Fair Oaks Preschool Outdoor Play Area - District childcare use only
- Indoor District Facilities – District-approved program use only
- Baseball/Softball/Multipurpose Facilities – District-approved program use only
- District Administration Office – essential Administrative staff only
Status of Recreation Programs
Program & Rental Suspensions
In coordination with county and state health officials regarding COVID-19, the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District will reopen indoor rentals, classes, and youth/adult sports leagues on a case-by-case basis. While we do have permission to begin phasing back in a select number of District programs (limited right now to childcare & camps), we are not in a position to lift our general suspension of activities at this time. Resumption of all District rental and recreational opportunities and programs will take place on a case-by-case basis under the official guidance of the county’s reopening plan.
2021 special events continue to be re-imagined and will be released as restrictions ease or details are finalized.
How We Are Moving Forward
We are closely following official guidelines and health recommendations from the Sacramento County Department of Health Services, California Department of Public Health, and the CDC. Our procedures for reopening as a District are set forth by the county’s own roadmap for recovery, information about which can be found here.
We strongly encourage communication with staff via email and/or phone as staff will be working remotely and responding to calls and emails. Contacts can also be found on our website. The decision to suspend activities is a part of the District’s effort to reduce public interaction and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- All members of the public who are either ill or think they may be ill are requested to stay home and seek medical care.
- Staff and volunteers who have symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 are required to stay home and will be required to be tested for COVID-19 before returning to work.
- The current situation of COVID-19 continues to evolve and the District will continue to monitor and follow mandates set forth by local and state health officials. To stay up to date on District closures we ask that you revisit this page and/or follow us on social media.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping the District limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout the community.
PROGRAM REFUND/TRANSFER REQUESTS
To submit an online refund/transfer request, please click here.
Updated 4/16/2021 at 10:00 am.