Bond Oversight Committee
Now Accepting BOC Committee Applications now through December 1, 2023. See below for details.
Measure J Bond
In November 2018 residents of Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District (FORPD) passed Measure J, a $29.5 Million Dollar General Obligation Bond which will help fund major projects that will improve and expand the services provided by FORPD.
The four major projects identified in the Measure J’s ballot language are:
- Renovation and improvements to Village Park, Community Clubhouse and Plaza Park including parking, pedestrian circulation and improved access for visitors with a disability (ADA Improvements).
- Construction of two new softball fields at Phoenix Park including parking expansion and traffic flow improvements.
- Construction of a new Recreation Center that will serve all ages including Senior Citizens and Youth.
- District wide projects that will improve the safety of park users, new park development and protection of open space.
Bond Oversight Committee (BOC)
The BOC will be responsible for the overview of bond expenditures and certify that all bond funds will only be spent on allowable bond projects as identified in the ballot language of Measure J. Members provide a valuable link between FORPD and the citizens of Fair Oaks in regard to the bond projects.
Responsibilities of the Bond Oversight Committee are:
- Help the District with community outreach as projects are further refined.
- Collect information and data as needed and provide ideas and insight to implement the projects.
- Monitor the implementation of the bond projects.
- Review bond expenditures and provide an annual report on the projects and expenditures.
- As needed or requested report to the Board on the progress of the Bond Projects.
Now Accepting Committee Applications
The Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District’s Board of Directors are seeking applicants for the Bond Oversight Committee (BOC), the independent advisory board to the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District’s board.
The members of the BOC represent a general “cross-section” of the community with a diverse range of interests, and that the BOC will not include a member merely representing a specific viewpoint or a specific user group. Members should be users of parks and recreation in Fair Oaks. To apply you must be 18 years or older and be a resident within the boundaries of the Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District.
Deadline to Submit
To submit, complete the Bond Oversight Committee Application by December 1, 2023 at 5:00pm. Completed applications can be delivered to the District Office at 4150 Temescal St, Fair Oaks, CA 95628 or emailed to Mike Aho, District Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fair Oaks Recreation Board of Directors are scheduled to make appointments to the BOC at the December 13, 2023 Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District Board of Director’s meeting.
The BOC meets the first Tuesday of each month on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 815 6828 0239
The members of the BOC represent a general “cross-section” of the community with a diverse range of interests. The BOC will not include a member merely representing a specific viewpoint or a specific user group. Members should be users of parks and recreation in Fair Oaks.
To apply you must be 18 years or older and be a resident within the boundaries of the Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District.
Amy Larsen, Chair 2022-2023
Justin Drake, Vice-Chair 2022-2023
Gary Juels 2022-2023
Garett McDermid 2022-2023
Kim Sarkovich 2022-2023
Barbara Sestito 2022-2023
Diana Storo 2022-2023
Keith Walter 2023-2024
Dana Woodworker-Negri 2022-2023